Thursday, June 19, 2008

Of Tahmiah and Samak


View of the Burj Fateh from the Friendship Hall

Well it's the 2nd last working day before the 4Es embark on our holiday! Why 2nd last? Because I'll still be coming on Sunday morning for half a day of work.

Today Ckn tak larat nak masak lunch, pity her, since she has a few more of her MBA assignments to submit. At 12pm I went out to look for a driver to take me to any of the restaurants in Riyahd area.. Unfortunately, and this is nearly everyday, all the drivers have dissapeared. The office is running on a skeleton crew, and all the drivers have dissapeared...

So I thought - should I go starving waiting for the phantom drivers or should I find an alternative? I decided on the latter. I upped and walked about 10 mins to the Friendship Hall, which is west of the office, to have some 'Kusairi' (A cheap Egyptian dish, which is a bowl of various pasta shapes, topped with a nice sour onion sauce + shata) at the roadside restaurant.

It wasn't too hot; in fact it was nice and windy. The only thing is, no one was selling Kusairi today...Crap-usairi! I don't dig Sudanese Fuul, so I opted for the Tahmiah sandwich instead. Tahmiah is exactly like vade from back home - they stuff it in a bun (aish) with chili paste (shata), and sesame seed sauce (tahmiah), and it costs 1 pound (cheap, in any language!). I washed it all down with Pasgianos - it's only available in Sudan, but it tastes exactly like the cough syrup you can get in clinics back home; you know the kind in plastic bottles that them addicts like soo much...errr...


Today's lunch - scrumptious!

It was a pleasant lunch, and after finishing 20 mins later, I walked back. Only this time, it was a little hotter. I stopped to take some pics of the friendship hall, but all I got on me was my crappy Palm Treo cam, so I couldn't post nice pics - maybe next time!

1 comments:

Syikeen Pfordten 4:34 PM  

Kesian la pula kalau tak hantar lunch. Sampai kena jalan jauh2 cari lunch. Tot the drivers around. Takpe mlm ni I cook and we eat kat umah ye...

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
4Es are Ezalman Reezal, Esyikeen, Ehsan and Erica. We are currently living in Khartoum, Sudan. We hope to go home for good in the coming months. But until then...
Powered By Blogger

Archive

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP