Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baking Therapy


Ezal's frankfurter rolls

I told Ckn yesterday that I wanted to bake frankfurter rolls...and she gave me the usual 'we'll see...' look. Can't blame her coz I've always shared my intention of cooking this or that, but never got around it! so to surprise her, I really did my best this time.

I woke up early (well 8.30 on a Friday is early) and set about my task. I got the recipe while browsing to a website called Visual Recipes. We can't get these rolls in Sudan, and I really missed having them. I was determined to do this all by myself - and to my surprise, I did. When Ckn later joined me, she did point out that my yeast was expired and that the risk of that was that the dough would not rise...fortunately it did! I managed to yield 14 pieces (only had 7 franks in the fridge). Even Ehsan got in the act and helped roll out the dough - well, at least in his own special way!

Well, I finished the last roll at dinner; we had plenty of samplers today - Ckn, Devin (my colleague who was over to discuss her wedding montage), Nazri and Mahadir (our neighbours who joined us for lunch). They were polite enough to say that the rolls were good.

hehe and I agreed!

3 comments:

Jingga Studies 7:33 AM  

woooo well done!!! canggih2!!! ish lapar pulak!

cikliah 5:46 PM  

Wahh !!! Tak sangkanya Ezalman boleh uli roti! Harus kena buatkan utk kitaorg bila balik sini... ;)

Ezalman 11:02 AM  

cikliah - haha boleh! dah tau the secret boleh la buat lagi. yg kelakarnya, saya la yg paling byk makan bun tu...

azlie - actually everytime baca entry ni i pun terliuh...waiting for the next batch of Ezal's frankfurter buns!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
4Es are Ezalman Reezal, Esyikeen, Ehsan and Erica. We are currently living in Khartoum, Sudan. We hope to go home for good in the coming months. But until then...
Powered By Blogger

Archive

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP