Monday, May 26, 2008

Mirai - A New Day (and the cool shows Ehsan Watches)

I think a lot of my loyal readers (Thanks Sayang, and myself...I'm sure there are a few more!) are getting tired with my tinkering with the my template. Well I've found the perfect one! It's highly customisable, and links nicely with Blogger so it makes my job of editing (or changing the elements within the template easier!). Thanks to ourblogtemplates.com! (link's at the bottom)

Now to a more serious topic. They say that our children become their parents, but in some aspects, there are loopholes that cause the parent to become their children. Case in point ; TV shows for the young...

When Ehsan was with Ckn in Malaysia last year, he enjoyed the Astro Ria channel, in particular 2 shows : Tom Tom Bak (Whatever that is) and ... Ultraman Ace (I think...). Of course, we don't get that channel on Showtime, so Ehsan can't get his daily fix on these two shows. I did the next best thing - and it involves the internet, and a software protocol made by the kind people at bittorrent (and utorrent). But where were we to get a regular supply of the 'good stuff'? Well, I managed to find a nice website called Fushigi-Chan Fansubs.


Ultraman Mebius (Brave) - upon combining his powers with Ultraman Hikari's Knight Brace in episode 18 where th... **groan** don't ask...

This cool website, based in Japan, provides 1) english subtitles to the most recent kid friendly Ultraman Mebius (Japanisation of the Mobius strip?) show, 2) torrent links to the TV show...28 episodes and counting (including one movie. The show has 50 episodes). Well, at first I downloaded just the odd 1 or 2 episodes, to keep the little tyke quiet, mind, but over time he got bored watching the same old monster getting the crap beaten out of him, so I was 'forced' to procure more...so much so, that said father (i.e. me) started to enjoy the show... The stories are actually really good, and the translators did a great job in capturing the humor. Nowadays, I can't wait for new episodes to be released by the Fushigi-Chan team, while Ehsan has moved on.(Yes, I have all 28 episodes and the movie in my Media Center). Mirai is the hero's name, and it does mean A New Day according to the subs...


'WAITTOORR'

Moving on to the second show that tickle's Ehsan (and my) fancy is a little known cartoon called Spongebob Squarepants. Now, I've heard of this cartoon for years; my friend Arman keeps praising it. But it's not until Ehsan caught it on Nikelodeon that I also started watching it. Let's just say that I enjoy - REALLY enjoy - their brand of 'comedy'. Which is absurd and hilarious, but cute in a way. We (father and son) don't bother with the regular TV episodes..we just watch the excellent Spongebob Movie. The best bits for me were 1) when Spongbob and Patrick get smashed on the Goofy Goober sundae and shouts 'WAITTOORR' 2) The Hasselhoff - like I said...hilarious.


Going Hero... Ooohh Maan!

Finally, we come to the creme-de-la-creme...of Ben 10... Oh Cartoon Network, you really hit me here! Ben 10 is a cool cartoon where the young hero, Ben Tenesson (or something) finds an alien watch called the Omnitrix (don't worry - Ehsan has his own. thanks to Ebay Malaysia) which allows Ben to convert to various Aliens like DiamondHead, Speedfreak, Grey Matter, Heat Blast, Four Arms (God Stop me!!) - and he saves the day. (p.s. check out the website - it's got tons of cool games!)

And the best part of all this? Erica's started to have the same interests too!! so I'll enjoy watching all the past episodes of Ultraman Mebius and Ben 10 all over again...

0 comments:

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
4Es are Ezalman Reezal, Esyikeen, Ehsan and Erica. We are currently living in Khartoum, Sudan. We hope to go home for good in the coming months. But until then...
Powered By Blogger

Archive

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP