Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Message of Hope (Or Perutusan Pengharapan in B.Indonesia)


There are many things in a man's life that are cherish; for example, I fondly remember my kain busuk (mama's baju satin from the 70s - which was cut into 2 - double the fun!), or the times I get sick when I go on theme park rides, and of course, when I lost my virginity...to CD players (1993, a Philips boom box bought from Argos in the UK!) ...

So it has passed that someone dear to me, my brother, is close to experiencing what will be a cherished moment in his life; entering a new chapter of sharing his life with someone else.

Tomorrow, InsyaAllah, Firhan shall be leaving for Indonesia with Karee, Rafek, Baba and Mama to meet some very important people (hehe, namely the parents of a certain young lady pictured here) to ask their permission for my dear brother to wed their daughter.

To be honest, both my wife and I still can't believe that this time is here! I've just finished the 'obituary' for my sis, and now my brother is also getting on the act? Well, people say that we shouldn't delay good things, right? Although this is just the first step towards their wedding and marriage, it is an important one, nevertheless - as it sets in motion the 'tidal wave'!

In my opinion, Firhan and Zariah really make a nice couple. I've had a lot of opportunities to see them together and with the family, and I can feel the love and respect that they have for each other, and for us all. Firhan has always been helpful to my parents, siblings and family (hehe anak bongsu, so easy to make the scapegoat for me and Karee!) and Zariah has been a good friend to my wife and kids.

So, on this, the start of more cherished memories, I do hope that both of you will enjoy starting to build your futures together, and that apart from love, you must also have patience and perseverence. Your journey together will be filled with joy (and the occasional bump; now that's where the fun really is!). Remember that from this point on, we shall be responsible for our lives and for all the decisions (big or tiny!) that we make.

Now for my hope for you is very administrative; save all your money! I've made that mistake of not saving enough in the past (I guess Karee is so much better at this than me). Yes, I know how tempting gadgets are; takpe, get Zariah to include one or two in the hantaran ok?

Finally, it is now my duty to pass a piece of wisdom that I received from both Mama and Mummy. When in doubt or the situation looks grim, please turn to our parents for guidance and advice. They are truly knowledgeable and caring, and will dispense wisdom to help us. You also have your Abalone and Kak Ngah to turn to (just make sure of the time difference when calling me ok? I won't answer if you call at 3am sudan time...)

3 comments:

Anonymous 4:47 PM  

Still cant believe it.... Anyway Fyan Kak Syikeen pray for the best and lepas ni harap2 more mature... Hehehehehe

Jingga Studies 6:55 PM  

firhan all the best and i agree with ezalman + you two make a lovely couple!

Anonymous 9:22 PM  

hey balong!!..

sorry, dah lama tak check your blog.. didnt realise there was a 'post' just for me and zariah!! hahaha..

The merisik went great! InsyaAllah tunang will be in Augustus. 08/08/08 (kiasu gile!!).

Anyway, thanks for the advice and doa from both you and kakchikeen!!

f

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
4Es are Ezalman Reezal, Esyikeen, Ehsan and Erica. We are currently living in Khartoum, Sudan. We hope to go home for good in the coming months. But until then...
Powered By Blogger

Archive

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP