Monday, July 14, 2008

UK Panoramas

Here are some more shots from our UK holiday (Click each one for a much wider version!)

Inside Windsor Castle

View of the Docklands from the Observatory at Greenwich

The family walking in St. James Park, near Buckingham Palace

Stonehenge

View of the Serpentine in Hyde Park

The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square and Nelson's Column


Ever since I had my dSLR, my interests have been piqued by the concept of panoramas. To me it's mind boggling while insanely beautiful; it's eccentric and mystifying (the latter describes immersive, or VR panoramas). To that end, I invested in an ultra wide angle lens, a Sigma 10-22mm. That lens sort of got me started due to very wide angle shots, with the only problem that pictures were warped near the edge of the field of view. The quality is very very good and I loved the pictures that came out of Istanbul.

So, I next tried another technique : the multiple panning shot technique using my normal zoom lens - and used software to digitally blend and merge the pictures into one continuous panorama. My poison of choice is Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0; it's a cool piece of software, but you do need a serious kit to run it fast (mine takes forever to complete tasks on a 3 yo Tosh). While preparing for this post, I also found this website that have these amazing immersive VR panoramas. I'll probably try doing that when I invest in a proper tripod and rotating head... I hope I can find a printer in Malaysia to print some of these; I'd love to mount them on my walls one day!

6 comments:

Unknown 9:14 PM  

Ezal..it is worth buying the SLR and those lenses..the results --> speechless+amazing+enchanting..wat else..mmm...let the outcomes do the talking..hehehe...

Bravo!Bravo!

Syikeen Pfordten 12:58 PM  

Wah beria u Lyn memuji suamiku... Itu sebenarnya ada la taktik dia tu balik Msia nak rembat apa2 yang terbaru. Kalau tak lenses camera baru...

I dah tau sangat taktik suamiku itu...

Jingga Studies 6:54 PM  

canggih..!

firhan 4:38 PM  

oooo... i took the serpentine shots!! woohoo. hahaha

Ezalman 4:47 PM  

haha - how can i forget my brother - yes my brother took the serpentine pics - thanks... the panorama wouldn't have existed without your efforts dear brother

Jingga Studies 9:38 AM  

wah ade rahsia disebalik gambar2 ni rupanye!!!..i didnt have a clue until u told me man!! still cant figure how u did that actually hahaha...u r damn good!!!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
4Es are Ezalman Reezal, Esyikeen, Ehsan and Erica. We are currently living in Khartoum, Sudan. We hope to go home for good in the coming months. But until then...
Powered By Blogger

Archive

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP