Sunday, June 1, 2008

KMA - not so obvious slang...

I found this interesting link - about doctors' private slang used at the hospital - makes for fun reading! I had no idea my trusted doctor would be using these kind of abbreviations on their report - but then again, I'm not privy to their charts during my stay in the hospital!

Now if my cousin Azlie and his wife Nazlin can confirm if a similar lexicon is shared by our Malaysian doctors in Malaysia... if not, then may I share some suggestions:

  • BK - "Buntut Kurap". Used by proctologists when inspecting one's derrier (sic..read : ass)
  • GAEWFO - "Gave Atomic enema - wait for outburst". I guess this can be used from GPs to dentists...

2 comments:

Jingga Studies 10:32 PM  

wah what a list! hahahhaa ..this one is widely used here:

SOB = shortness of breath!.. but if it is used in places where no one has breathing difficulty eg eye, ENT,dermatology... SOB = son of a b*tch!! wink2!

i'll keep others to myself! boooo!

ps try figure what is the acronym/ abbreviation for Progressive Outer Retinal Necrosis! That person who first saw this disease could've always put his name to it rite glamer sikit!, but he chose to describe it as that! ..oh my what a pervert!! ..+ u hav to see how this friend of mine pronounce it man, giler penuh perasaan!!!.. another pervert!!

Ezalman 8:45 AM  

Haha - SOB is very obvious - even to the patient. But us patients have to be treated with dignity...heh. My favorites on the list are 'ALP - Acute lead poisoning', and 'VAC - Vultures are circling'

and I thought docs are all serious (tapi, dalam Grey's anatomy tak pun...)

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
4Es are Ezalman Reezal, Esyikeen, Ehsan and Erica. We are currently living in Khartoum, Sudan. We hope to go home for good in the coming months. But until then...
Powered By Blogger

Archive

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP